Highlight on… Brooke Pender

Graduating from The French Beauty Academy as Validectorian in 2018, Brooke Pender has carved out quite the career for herself!  From launching her own salon space ‘The Fresco Complexion’ at the beautiful location of Kirra Shores on the border of NSW to developing and marketing ‘i Revive’ an Australian made high performance 2 in 1 eyelash + eyebrow growth serum, Brooke has been super focused for her first 3 years in the beauty industry.  Launching her own salon space exactly as envisioned was a pinch me moment for Brooke as was getting featured on Australia’s leading beauty website and digital magazine ‘Gritty Pretty’

“Developing and formulating my own Australian made cosmetics line ‘Fresco Collection’ was a dream come true. The brand encourages each individual to celebrate their true beauty that emanates first from the heart and mind”

We caught up with Brooke to touch on her career highlights and challenges.

Working closely behind the scenes as a skin expert with Australian fashion weeks official skincare partner Hunter Lab was a wonderful experience where Brooke got the opportunity to empower skin health across the event as designers unveiled their latest collections.

“Giving to others is extremely rewarding and getting to connect with my clients on a personal level is truly what drives me everyday. New innovations in science and technology make it exciting to work in an industry that is constantly evolving”

Brooke uses her passion for growth and professional development as a reason to keep learning, keep growing and to work towards mastery of her craft.  With this as her driving force, her ability to always work hard, take risks and embrace challenges ensures her career is definitely on the right path.  She loves having the power to make a difference in the lives of others and believes this to be the greatest gift of all.

“The French Beauty Academy produces world class beauty therapists. They are regarded as being the best of the best who encapsulate an excellent standard of professionalism; deportment; etiquette and manners; communication skills; service standards and a driven and dedicated work ethic. “I absolutely love what I do and can’t imagine doing anything else. Each day I create many memorable moments and my clients are, hands down, my greatest source of inspiration and influence”

The greatest advice I received from my time at the French was to always work with integrity and initiative; be present with the client and giving of yourself; never compromise on quality and always remain a lifelong learner. I was also always encouraged to stay true to myself, follow my instincts and never stop chasing my dreams. I remember my teachers saying “the sky is truly the limit”.

It definitely feels like I’m still at the very beginning of a journey, and there is a lot to achieve. I believe there is a universal nature to the business; the connections I make with people; collaborative opportunities created; the philosophy I follow and services I provide. 

My ultimate career ambition is to launch multiple salons within Australia and internationally, with The Fresco Complexion being recognised on a global scale. I would also love to see Fresco Collection products used and loved by many and stocked in top beauty retail stores such as Sephora and Mecca Maxima. 

With this amazing attitude and attention to detail, we believe Brooke is well on her way to establishing her dream career!